Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Translate Your Name into Elvish!

This is for anyone who likes The Lord of the Rings. If you aren't a fan, it may seem a little silly. But The Lord of the Rings are my favorite movies ever and some of my favorite books. I love them.
J.R.R. Tolkien was a brilliant man who spent a life-time working on the Lord of the Rings and other books about his fictional world, Middle Earth. If you're at all familiar with the books or the movies, you'll know that they contain a lot of Elvish dialogue. Tolkien actually developed the entire Elvish language, and some people have devoted time to learning to speak it. I haven't gone that far, but I did find a way to translate my name. This isn't just a random name generator. Arwen-undomiel.com actually translates names into real Elvish. So if you're interested in finding out what your Elvish name is, visit the link above.

3 comments:

slfink said...

hi Liberty,
This is fun, although a few of the english translations of names were incorrect (I only noticed because mine was).
See you soon.
slfink

Liberty said...

Test

Liberty said...

123