Thursday, May 21, 2009

What Are You Waiting For?

As I've said thousands of times, exercising your freedom to speak is so important. You really can make a difference.
Everyone, at one time, has probably experienced that moment when something tugs at your heart - that moment when you feel a flame spark inside and you desire to do something to make a difference. It might have been when you saw a hungry child on TV, when you saw an abused animal at the shelter, or when you realized that America was backsliding.
Today I was listening to an old Natalie Grant CD (I love Natalie Grant!), and I came across this inspiring song.

What Are You Waiting For?

Sometimes I get the overwhelming feeling
So sad those faces on TV
If I tried to make a difference would it help anyway?
But then I stop and to myself I say...

So you wanna change the world
What are you waiting for?
You say you're gonna start right now
What are you waiting for?
It only takes one voice
So come on now and shout it out
Give a little more
What are you waiting for?

Sometimes I feel a little helpless
Seems like I can't do a thing
But anything is possible just you wait and see
Good things happen if you just believe...

Someday somehow
Gonna take that step
Cause time is ticking away
Right here right now
Before it's too late
Gonna face tomorrow today...


So, what are you waiting for? If anything has ever tugged at your heart, know that it was God. And if you've ever heard a voice inside your head that says you can't make a difference, know that it was Satan.
Not only do we have the constitutional right to speak out (a right that won't last long if we keep silent!), but we have a right, and a responsibility, to make a difference that comes directly from God.
God gives us dreams and passions for a reason. Like the song says, it only takes one voice to make a difference.

You can be that one voice. Don't let fear stop you.

No comments: