Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm Really Leaving!

Yes, in 35 hours I will be on my way to a life changing experience in Guatemala!
In a way, it seems like I've been planning for this trip for so long! And yet I can't believe that it's already here.
From the moment I knew I was to go on this trip, and through all the fundraising, to the final days as I scramble to get everything packed and together, God has been so good to me. He has provided every single thing that I need - everything from the initial funds, to spending money, to friends to ride on the plane with.
I pray that when I come home I will be a changed person. Just thinking of all the different, wonderful aspects of this trip makes my head spin! I'll be meeting new friends, seeing several famous Christian Artists in concert (including Ayiesha Woods, Jaime Jamgochian, Everlife, and more...), I'll be participating in drama ministry, street witnessing, I'll be experiencing another culture...and I don't even know what else!
I grew so much on my last mission trip, that I can't wait to see what God will do through this one. While every mission trip is different, some things are always the same. When you answer God's calling to "Go into all the world," there is something powerful, really powerful involved. Whether you are going on a domestic mission trip to the inner city, or traveling across the globe to remote Indian tribes, it is my belief that if you open your heart, you will return a changed person. I think every follower of Christ should try to go on a mission trip at least once. You'll never regret it, and you'll never be the same.
Once again, I want to send a special thanks to everyone who has helped make this trip possible! I would ask that you continue to pray for everyone going during the next two weeks. Pray that our lives will be changed, and that God will open the Guatemalens' hearts to hear about the love of Jesus. Pray for safety on the flights and in Guatemala City, and please pray that no one gets sick.
I am looking forward to writing another post when I get back! I know there will be so much to tell!
Adios, Amigos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liberty,
Your Dad and I will certainly be praying and we are expecting to hear great things. Keep your heart open to the Lord so He can use you.
Lovingly,
Your Mother