Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm Having an Amazing Time in...

...Guatemala!
Hello everyone! I'm sorry I haven't found time to update since I've been here. So let me fill you in on what's going on.
We arrived in Antigua, Guatemala late Thursday night. The hotel we are staying in is beautiful. It really reminds me of a castle. It's surrounded by mountains and volcanoes, and of course, the quaint city of Antigua.
A few hours ago my team returned from our third day of ministry. Our ministry days are so much fun. On Friday we went to an orhpanage where we worked doing everything from cleaning windows to sorting rotten cabbages and carrots (a reeking job!) Afterwards we did our drama for the children. On Saturday we went to a park and did the drama twice. (The drama is called Spellbound and it tells the story of the Gospel. It is amazing! I am the Evil Magician.) On Sunday we had a more relaxing day with worship services and seminars. And today we went to a church in a small village where we painted a huge wall. That was the most fun so far! Everyone was covered in paint from head to toe - literally. After that we went to a school and preformed the drama again.
But I think the most amazing thing so far about this mission trip has been the worship services and the Fuagnem (Fired Up And Going Nuts Every Minute) services. Susie Shellenburger, former editor of Brio, is an awesome speaker, and she goes deeper every night. The presence of the Holy Spirit is so evident in the services.
This trip is more than living up to my expectations. I can't wait to give you a more detailed report (complete with lots of pics!)
If you want to know more about the trip, visit the blog on my blog roll, Guatemala...2009 (sorry if that's not the exact title!) But it's Aubrey's blog and she updates it pretty regularly.
Serving and Growing in the Lord,
Liberty
P.S. Happy (after) Independence Day!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you. Thank you. I still want more specifics.
Call me greedy.
Daddy and I love you.
Mama

Nicki said...

Liberty, it sounds like your trip is going well. We love the updates! God bless you, have a great week!
The Truesdells