Thursday, July 9, 2009

We Serve a Big God!

It seems like such a long time ago that we landed in Miami, and then flew to Guatemala. So much has happened, so much has changed in every person here.
One thing that has impacted me the most is how everyone here is literally like a family. Seeing the love between team members and the support we give to each other blows my mind away. I keep thinking, this is the way the body of Christ is supposed to be! When our team is together, there is such a sense of freedom. I know that I can share any struggles I have without fear of judgment. And every single day we pray for each other. It is so awesome to know that I have brothers and sisters in Christ all over America who will continue praying for each other even after this trip is over.
Today we went to a soup kitchen in the city. After the drama, we got to go and talk to a lot of people. One of the best things I saw was a couple with their five year old son come to Christ.
Then, the President's wife came. Yes, the first lady of Guatemala. That in itself is pretty cool, but the most amazing part is that we got to pray with her, and my friend Aubrey even got to pray for Guatemala over the radio! The President's wife actually invited us to their palace so that she could honor us, because she was so grateful for what we had done for her country. This was just proof of how God is using us in huge ways to impact this country of Guatemala!
Well, I'm almost out of time. I am looking forward to coming home! But this experience is going to be hard to leave.
Chow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing! We are so proud of you and we will continue to pray that your team will reach many.
God Bless you. We love you.
Mom and Dad

Nicki said...

What an amazing story!