Tuesday, September 22, 2009

See You At The Pole

Tomorrow morning, millions of teens across the world will circle around their school's Flag pole and pray.
Started in 1990 by a group of young Christians in Burleson, Texas, SYATP gives students an opportunity to meet with other Christians in their schools and pray for friends, family, teachers, government...anything they wish to bring before God together.
This is an amazingly powerful movement. To join as one body and pray is always effectual in the Kingdom of Heaven. By gathering publicly to pray, we will make a bold statement. Many of our peers will see our example, and we will have the opportunity to be an extreme witness. And perhaps most crucial to these times, we will be opening the door for revival.
The theme for this year's SYATP is Engage: Go and Pray. It comes from the story of Josiah in the Bible. When Josiah was a teenager, he began to passionately seek after and radically obey God. The results? One of the biggest revivals in history!
I would greatly encourage you to gather with your fellow students and pray tomorrow morning. My home school group gathers at the Flag pole of our local courthouse to pray. Last year was my first year to attend. I will be going again tomorrow.
If you can't go and meet around the pole, will you please join the cause in spirit and set aside a time to pray at home?
Many youth groups will also be hosting "Saw You At The Pole" events Wednesday night. Check and see if there will be one close to you.
We can change the world for Christ, but we must be committed to passionate seeking and radical obedience.

See You At The Pole, Wednesday, September 23, 2009
“Go and pray to God for me and for the people . . ." —2 KINGS 22:13a

2 comments:

Abby said...

Liberty, I love your blog.
What is up?
Please write some more, I really enjoy your posts, they are always really interesting.
I understand you have a life though, LOL.
~Abby~

Liberty said...

Hey Abby,
Thanks for leaving a comment! I'm glad to know that people actually read my blog. I have been way too negligent in posting lately. But now I'm encouraged to keep writing. I'm going to try a lot harder to keep up from now on!
Liberty